Welcome, Elite Athletes and Agents!
ELITE REGISTRATION FOR THE CLASSIC 10K
Welcome, Elite Athletes and Agents!
The Classic 10K Weekend will soon be upon us, June 3rd and 4th 2017. The procedure for registration for the Classic 10K is new this year and all entries must be received and qualified by the Classic 10K Elites Coordinator Dave Badolato.
Elites will have free registration up to race day. However you must use the electronic submission form with correct data entered. Also in 2017 'Day of Race' entries will be allowed but you must be qualified by Dave before the race starts, so get there early on the 4th. Otherwise you are still welcome to participate in the Classic 10K but you will be responsible for all entry fees. Absolutely no exceptions! This policy has been put in place to better monitor Elite participation in the Classic 10K Race Weekend.
Qualifying times for Elite consideration are as follows:
Males -- Finish time of 30 minutes or less within the 2016 calendar year.
Females -- Finish time of 34:30 minutes or less within the 2016 calendar year
Overnight accommodations will be the responsibility of the Elite Athletes and/or their representation. There are many available hotels in the area that offer standard overnight rates. Due to the prime booking season, if you intend on staying overnight prior to the Classic 10K, you are highly encouraged to book your rooms well in advance.
Transportation to and from the event is the responsibility of the athletes and their representation.
As in the past, dedicated Elite locker rooms will be available.
Agents and/or Coaches have been at the finish line waiting for their athletes, to encourage them by running alongside them toward the finish line. This is contrary to USATF rules and regulations. As the Classic 10K is a USATF-sanctioned event, any actions resembling this will result in the Athlete's immediate disqualification from the event and forfeiture of any cash prizes. For this reason, there will be a dedicated area for Coaches and/or Agents. In addition to lockers, there will be an Athlete/Agent reunion area provided.
Your understanding and cooperation in regard to these new procedures is expected and appreciated. For questions and/or clarification, please contact email me at email@example.com.
|Link to the Classic 10K Elites On-line Entry Form|
Prior Classic 10K Elite Runners -
Please note the following list may not be complete
Hicham El Mohtadi, D1 Athletics, Sports Management, Agent
Rkia El Moukin, 26, Female, Morocco
- 2014 Shamrockin’ 8K Champion
- 2014 Hy-Vee Half Marathon Champion
- 2014 CCC 10K 32:07
- Half Marathon PR, 1:10:38, Valencia, Spain
- 10K Road PR, 32:13, Netherlands
- 5K Track, 15:21
Mourad Marofit, 32, Male, Morocco
- 2014 Broad Street Champion
Abelhadi El Mouaziz, 37, Male, Morocco
- 2014 Broad Street Run, 4th Place
Hicham Alaoui, 36, Male, Morocco
- 2014 Broad Street Run, 6th Place
Askale Merachi, 27, Female, Ethiopia
- 2014 Holyoke 10K, Defending Champion
- 2014 NYC Half Marathon, 11th Place, 1:12:00
Frank Gagliano, NJNY Track Club, Head Coach
Delilah DiCrescenzo, 31, Female, White Plains
- 3X IAAF world championships qualifier
- 2009 & 2013 world XC championsip
- 2012 world outdoor T&F championship, 3,000 Meter Steeplechase
- 2X finalist Olympic Trials, 3,000 Meter Steeplechase
Bill Staab, West Side Runners, Head Coach
Ayele Megersa Feisa, 26, Male, Ethiopia
- 2013 Classic 10K, winner, 29:37
- 2014 Cooper River Bridge Run, 8th Place, 29:17
- 2014 NYC Half Marathon, 26th, 1:05:27
Kumsa Adugna Megersa, 27, Male, Ethiopia
- 2011 Classic 10K, winner, 29:15
- 2014 NYC Half Marathon, 25th Place, 1:05:22
- 2014 Newport 10K, 3rd place, 31:12
Degefa Yigezu, 26, Male, Ethiopia
- 2013 Minnesota Mile, 4th Place, 3:54
- 2014 NYC Half Marathon, 17th Place, 1:03:34
- 2014 NYRR Scotland 10K, Winner, 29:56
Negash Abebe Duki, 24, Male, Ethiopia
- 2013 Marathon in Slovakia, 2:11:00
Teodros Zewdu Asfaw, 23, Male, Ethiopia
- 2014 Pittsburgh Marathon, May 4th, 3rd overall, 2:17:00
Isaya Okwiya, Riadha Inc, Agent
Alissa McKaig, 27, Female, Washington DC
- 2013 Tufts 10K, 33:54
- 2013 USA 15K Championships/Gate River Run, 6th Place, 50:35
- Marathon PR, 21:56
- Half Marathon PR, 1:14:04
- 10K Track PR, 32:14.51
Paul Mbugua, Kingston & Albany, Coach/Manager
Alice Kamunya, 23, Female, Kenya
- 2014 Tufts 10K for women, 5th Place, 32:31
- 2014 Shamrock 8K, VA Beach, 2nd Place
- 2014 Holyoke 10K, 2nd Place
Bernard Mwangi, 24, Male, Kenya … arrived in USA late April 2014
- Richmond VA 8K, 2nd Place, 22:50
- 2014 Kenya National CC Championships, 9th Place
- 10K PR track, 27:30
- 5K PR track, 13:30